Reminder: Your Event Today! 🥳
If you hear someone shout “HAVE YOUR TICKETS READY” they usually mean it and are not just saying it to have their voice heard. You can guarantee there has probably been an abundance of people before you that haven't even bothered downloading the e-ticket, let alone not display it for scanning. *insert sad face here*
You might've bought tickets for this event months ago or you might've bought them 30 minutes ago but none of that matters if you roll up to an event and have to join a massive queue. Luckily you're all in this together, u got dis.
We have put together some tips that will help you get into that event faster than you can shout at the staff, here you go;
If you chose to have your tickets posted out to you
- Don't forget them. If for some reason your tickets haven't arrived 2 days before the event get in touch with us at glistrr.com/contact or email@example.com
If you bought an e-ticket, buckle up
- Try to come out with a charged phone (no biggie, it's just your ticket on it...)
- Have your ticket(s) downloaded, if you bought multiple tickets make sure you don’t create duplicates when downloading
- Store your tickets in the same place (so you are not frantically flicking between apps)
- Have your phone brightness turned up for easy scanning (you can turn it back down after to save your battery)
- If your phone screen is smashed try to bring a printed copy of your e-ticket as a backup in case the scanner can’t pick up the QR Code
- If you are planning on bringing a printed version of your e-ticket, try to have your e-ticket downloaded on your phone as well in case it rains and your ticket turns to mush
- Don’t hand your printed e-ticket to the staff all folded up like one of paper fortune tellers, have it unfolded and ready for scanning *see the first paragraph in this article*
- If you bought the e-tickets for the group and you are printing them out, don’t print 10 of the same ticket because only one will admit entry to the event. Download and print each ticket separately.
- If your ticket is showing as expired in your Apple Wallet (don't panic) just hit the three dots on the top right of the screen and pull down to your refresh!
Life Hack: Make the e-ticket your background on your lock screen so you don’t have to search through apps or emails to find it.
Lastly, have a good time and stay safe!